Craving a yummy snack that’s super portable and full of nutrients? This is it!
These Carrot Cake Warrior Bars are a variation on one of our team’s all-time favorite Fresh Start (spring) snacks. Thanks to the almond meal, pepitas, and sunflower seeds, this recipe is packed with plant-based protein, and actually tastes very much like carrot cake! These bars are delicious as is, but are also fabulous warmed up with a little almond butter on top.Print
These hearty bars are perfect for snacking on the go. Not only is this recipe packed with plant-based protein, but they really are reminiscent of carrot cake!
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (plus 6 tbsp water)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup grated apple
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Place chia seeds and water in a small bowl. Stir well and let stand for 5-10 minutes until a gel forms. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, oats, grated carrots and apple, coconut flakes, pepitas, sunflower seeds, and sliced almonds.
- In a medium bowl, stir together mashed banana, applesauce, vanilla extract, spices, and sea salt. Stir in the chia gel.
- Add the banana chia mixture to the bowl with the other ingredients. Stir well. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish. Smooth the top. Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden around the edges and baked through. Let cool completely, then cut into bars.
Bars will hold together best if baked long enough and cooled to room temperature or chilled before cutting into bars.
Keywords: carrot cake breakfast bar