Nothing quite says “southern” like collard greens. Now we’ve come up with a cantaloupe smoothie that is refreshing and screams summer!
We packed this smoothie with some pretty amazing fruits. Here’s why I love them:
- Cantaloupe helps with acne and wrinkles (glowing, smooth skin… yes, please!).
- Carrots give this smoothie plenty of vitamin A, and they help to regenerate collagen (your skin’s support system). They also have beta-carotene to support your vision, so you can see your beautiful, sun-kissed skin clearly in the mirror!
- Mango and Pineapple have loads of health benefits and are also sweet and creamy.
Why add collard greens to a cantaloupe smoothie?
If you’re someone that has a low intake of dairy milk, then you might be wondering how to get “strong and healthy bones.” Well, there are plenty of plant-based options! And collard greens is one of the best.
With high levels of vitamin K, collard greens help to improve calcium absorption for your bones. That’s the first step to healthy bones. The second step is to actually consume calcium, and you get 27% of your daily recommended intake with just ONE cup of collard greens!
Collard greens can help lower blood pressure and possible cancer prevention.
All of these reasons (and more) are exactly why I created a collard greens smoothie recipe.Print
Nothing is more Southern than a cantaloupe smoothie with collard greens! Cantaloupe is known to help with acne and wrinkles (glowing, smooth skin… yes, please!). And packed with plenty of vitamin A, the carrots not only help regenerate collagen (your skin’s support system) but also have beta-carotene to support your vision, so you can see your beautiful, sun-kissed skin clearly in the mirror!
- 2 cups collard greens
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped cantaloupe
- 2 cups chopped mango, frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple, frozen
- Blend the collard greens, water, and cantaloupe until smooth.
- Add the mango, carrots, and pineapple and blend again.
Tip: The cantaloupe makes up half the liquid base in this recipe; once you blend your cantaloupe, it will liquefy and make melon “juice.”
Keywords: cantaloupe smoothie