Is it cold where you live? Fall and winter bring chilly temps and it can be hard to crave a nice, frosty green smoothie when you’d rather be sipping something warm and cozy. Brr! So…we have a great warm green smoothie recipe that you will love!
You can use hot tea or water for your smoothie base. We like using our high speed blenders on the soup function to heat them up, but if your blender doesn’t have that function, you can gently warm it in the microwave or on the stove. One note – be careful if you’re blending hot liquids. If you don’t vent the lid a little, the liquid can leak and splatter.
Add more dates, if needed, to reach the desired sweetness. Up the amount or use different spices, if you like. Feel free to alter the recipe according to your taste.
What’s your go-to hot beverage to warm you up during the cooler weather?
Warm Chai Tea Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup brewed tea - herbal green, white, or black
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 pear - cored and peeled
- 1 apple - cored and peeled
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ inch ginger root
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Blend spinach, tea, and coconut milk until smooth.
- Next add the remaining ingredients. If using a high speed blender, start blending again on low speed working up to high speed. Allow to blend for 3-5 minutes, or until very hot. If using a regular blender, blend until smooth and heat gently on the stove or transfer to mugs and heat in microwave.
Ready to say “Yes!” to your health in the New Year?! Join us for our FREE Simple 7 Challenge including recipes and shopping list right in your inbox. Find out more here.