FREE 30-DAY TRIAL

NEW YOU IN 30 DAYS!  |  Experience our plant-powered meal plans, health challenges & positive support.

NEW YOU IN 30 DAYS! Plant-powered meal plans, challenges & support.

FREEZER SMOOTHIE PACKS ON A BUDGET
#1 GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPE OF ALL TIME
HOW TO MAKE A MEAL REPLACEMENt SMOOTHIE
Trending Recipes

Sign up now to get my fav green smoothie recipes, shopping list and access to our smoothie support group.

I’m Jen Hansard, mom of two and lover of green smoothies, coffee & tacos.
I transformed my family's health with a plant-powered diet while broke and without health insurance. Since then, I've helped 1 million+ families do it too!

more about me )

PLANT BASED MEAL PLANNER + SMOOTHIES!
GET MY
RECIPE BOOKS

The BEST Carrot Cake Smoothie

Crazy-Carrots

Run out of ideas for what else to do with these crunchy orange beauties other than eating them raw and tossing them into salads? We love this underdog veggie for their crunch factor and how they pack a nutritional punch.  Carrots are full of vitamins and minerals which are good for your health and your green smoothies.

We love adding carrots to our green smoothies for the health factor and we also think carrots make our green smoothies taste great. We usually add raw sliced carrots to our blenders but we know that sometimes blenders just can’t take the heat from blending up their fibrous, crunchy goodness.

If you’ve tried adding raw carrots to your hard-working machine and it just can’t get past those chunky little bits, then this one’s for you.

Roasted carrots in green smoothies

The magic in the oven turns hard fibrous carrots into sweet and caramelized goodness. This magic trick might be the thing your lovely blender is asking for.

If you want to find out how to perfectly roast this root vegetable click here

Keep roasted carrots in a sealed container in the refrigerator and you can add a handful of roasted carrots to your smoothies all week long.

Quick Tip** You can also steam chopped carrots for about 5-10 minutes as a quick and easy way to add them to your green smoothies while being kind and gentle to your blender.

Shauna's Carrot Cake Smoothie Recipe with Ginger5 reasons we are crazy for carrots

1. Kick Cancers A** : The chemical compounds in carrots have shown to decrease the risk of certain cancers and other chronic illnesses.

2. Fountain of Youth: With carrots’ high amounts of antioxidants, they are a great all-nautral anti-aging veggie.

3. Eye Like You: Carrots are high in Vitamin A, which help protect the health of your eyes — helping you see for years to come.

4. All Natural Toothbrush: That’s right. By chomping on these bad boys, they help clean your teeth and gums — no toothpaste required.

5. Easy on the Wallet: Available in most areas all year round, carrots are one of the cheapest veggies you can find in the produce section, which helps you keep more of your hard-earned moolah.

Carrot Cake Smoothie

• Yield: 2 1x
  • Category: Breakfast, Drinks

Carrot cake? Yes, Please! Want a piece of carrot cake but don’t want the guilt factor that goes along with it? Then try this recipe! It’ll knock your socks off and there won’t be an ounce of guilt after you finish the entire glass!

• 2 cups fresh spinach (fresh)
  • 1 ½ cups coconut milk
  • 2 carrots
  • ½ inch piece ginger
  • 2 pears
  • 1 cup pineapple
  • 1 banana

1. Blend spinach and coconut milk first until smooth.
  2. Add remaining ingredients and blend again.

instagram_carrotcake

Transform your health with tasty recipes, meal plans + challenges.

Meal Planner
FREE 30-DAY TRIAL

THE PLANT-POWERED

COMMENTS

1. Kimberly says:

Isn’t it easier to put the carrots in the juicer, and use the carrot juice as a liquid base? Or do you lose vitamins in the process? I have a juicer and a blender, so that might give a better outcome then trying to chop those carrots no?

2. Milan says:

I don’t cook my carrots before adding them to smoothies. I either buy the organic shredded carrots or shred them on a mondoline which takes no time. I like to eat veggies and fruits raw as much as possible.

3. Dynamics says:

Why do you say to peel the carrot?

4. Shirley Stapleton says:

After roasting the carrots, can they be frozen? Or does that defeat the purpose?

Thanks…and I love your site!

• SGS Rawkstar Jessie says:

Hey Shirley.

Thanks for the question. I have roasted bananas and then frozen them, it worked out great. I haven’t tried carrots yet, but I am sure it will work out great too. 🙂

5. Janet says:

Can you boil the carrots for a few mnts? or steam them is better?

6. Stacy says:

Should I peel the carrots first?

7. Kathy says:

Just curious… Are the recipes on this page calling for roasted carrots or raw? I’ve been using raw and love Shauna’s carrot cake recipe. I add a tsp of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice per serving. Super spicy healthy treat for an awesome breakfast or lunch.

8. LINDA says:

Do the smoothie recipe cards or the 30 day challenge include all of these vegetable ones also?

9. Chris says:

Hi! I was “googling” CARROT SMOOTHIES and came across your site. Yay! After reading your post, I decided to pull out my food processor and shred some carrots to add to my smoothies. I’m happy with the results – they blended in perfectly and grating/shredding them seems like a good solution for those of us with standard blenders (not Vitamix, etc). Thanks for all the great info you provide here!

10. Ron says:

The pineapple was very stringy. I’m using a Magic Bullet blender.

• Christel says:

I had the same problem with my Magic Bullet. I loved that little thing. I used it for years. I just replaced it (all the cups tabs were breaking off and it wasn’t blending as well at it once did. Just was getting too old) with a NutriNinja Pro. Now I no longer have strings of pineapple. So all that to say I think it just doesn’t have the power to break up those fibers. Maybe the ladies here have an easy fix. Good Luck!

• SGS Rawkstar Jessie says:

Hey Ron,

Pineapple can be stringy, try blending it first with only the liquids. Then add the rest of your ingredients.

11. Lanai says:

Just came up with a great smoothie for a carrot smoothie this morning. Soo yummy. I love carrot juice!

12. Stephanie says:

Can we use raw carrots?

13. Jane says:

Can you cook them in microwave?

• You can microwave, Jane, but we don’t recommend it. Roasting or steaming are better cooking options 🙂

• Brenda says:

I am trying to find out if it is healthy to use my microwave for boiling water, reheating meals, and cooking meat, vegetables, etc. with it. Do you have any information proving it is healthy or not?

• SGS Rawkstar says:

Hi Brenda,

We like to rely on our ovens and stovetops when cooking, but you need to decide what works for you!

Cheers 🙂

14. Jane says:

Can you cook them in the microwave?

15. Michelle Sawtelle says:

I don’t have time to roast carrots and my blender is too cranky to handle raw carrots but I’ve been using Bolthouse Farm 100% carrot juice instead. It is sold in the produce section of my grocery store. I love it!

• Leah says:

Those packaged drinks are just sugar they don’t have the antioxidants or other goodies that are in homemade smoothies unless they are cold pressed

1 2

Top 7 green smoothie recipes ever!
HOW TO MAKE A MEAL REPLACEMENT SMOOTHIE