Are you ready for the best bowl of comfort soup ever?!
As much as we love blending fresh fruits and veggies into a refreshing glass of goodness… a warm bowl of soup soothes the soul like nothing else! So, we wanna share with you a recipe we both looooooooove. And yep—it’s from our amazing Fresh Start 21 Cleanse Kit.
If you have a family to feed, we highly recommend you quadruple this soup recipe (so everyone gets to enjoy it). I remember when my husband asked for seconds, and I was like, “wait…um, I was saving the leftovers for lunch.” 🙂
This Creamy Ginger Carrot Soup is just one of our drool-worthy recipes from our 21-day meal plan. We make whole foods taste real good. Psssst… having a second serving is totally okay with us. #judgementfreezone
This nourishing, simple soup is full of love for the tummy. The ginger and cumin bring warmth to the digestive system, while the garlic and onion gently assist liver detoxification. The carrots bring nutrient-dense deliciousness! Feel free to add extra broth or coconut milk to reach your desired consistency.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 carrots (washed and chopped into 1/2”)
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Black pepper and sea salt
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the onions, and cook for another minute. Add the cumin and stir well for 30 seconds.
- Add the chopped carrots and sauté for a few minutes, then add the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are just tender.
- Puree soup with an immersion blender or standard blender. (Use caution when using a standard blender. The soup will be hot!) If soup is too thick, add extra broth or coconut milk.
- Add the desired amount of lemon juice plus season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.