Start your day with a sunny, tropical immune-boosting mango smoothie. With mango, cashew yogurt, turmeric and orange, this sweet and refreshing mango smoothie recipe is the perfect way to boost your health. Plus, it’s a no-banana smoothie for anyone wondering!
Table of Contents
Ingredients + Health Benefits
When it comes to keeping your immune system healthy, this nutritionally-dense mango smoothie is just what your body needs. It’s packed with powerful antioxidants like vitamin C, and also contains anti-inflammatory compounds from the turmeric. Enjoy it for breakfast, as a healthy snack or as a refreshing post-workout treat.
- Mango: Mangos are packed with beta-carotene, which has protective effects against skin cancer. Mango also contains vitamin A, C, folate and potassium.
- Orange: Oranges are an excellent source vitamin C, which supports a healthy immune system. Oranges are also a good source for fiber, which is associated with digestive health and weight loss. It also serves as some extra liquid in this mango smoothie.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has powerful anti-inflammatory properties due to the active compound curcumin. The strong medicinal effects of turmeric work at the molecular level to tame inflammation that leads to diseases like heart disease, cancer, metabolic syndrome, and Alzheimer’s. With a beautiful golden color, turmeric delivers powerful antioxidants for boosting your immune system. This recipe only calls for ½ teaspoon, so you won’t taste the turmeric in this smoothie but will still get the health benefits. You can swap out the dried powdered turmeric for fresh turmeric in this mango smoothie. Use about a ½ tablespoon-sized knob. Peel first, then grate it before adding to the blender.
- Cashew yogurt: The cashew vegan yogurt in this mango smoothie is packed with live active probiotics, as well as plant-based protein. Enhance your gut microbiota and boost your immune system as you sip on this smoothie. Cashew yogurt also contains heart-healthy fats and keeps you full for hours.
- Cashew milk: I use cashew milk as an alternative to dairy. It adds a creamy thickness + irresistible nutty flavor to this mango smoothie. Cashews contain heart-healthy fats, folate and magnesuim.
Fresh vs Frozen Mango
Personally, I typically buy frozen mango from Costco, because the price can’t be beat. Yet if it’s on sale, or fresh from a market, then I’ll spring for non-frozen. If you’re using a fresh mango, then I’ve got some tips to help you easily peel + core a mango.
How much does one mango yield?
It all depends on the size of the mango. A small mango may only yield ½ to 1 cup of mango flesh. Yet I’ve been able to get 2 full cups out of some mangos! If using fresh, it’s okay to eyeball the measurement before adding it to your mango smoothie. The more mango, the better, right?!
Mango Smoothie Recipe
Add the cashew milk, cashew yogurt, mango, orange and turmeric to the blender. Blend until smooth. Add more cashew milk or water for a thinner consistency.
Unlike green smoothies, this smoothie doesn’t have leafy greens that need to be chopped up before adding other ingredients. So don’t be afraid to toss all the ingredients in at once.
Thick, creamy and tropical, this nourishing mango smoothie recipe is the perfect way to start your day! Enjoy often during cold and flu season for a healthy immune boost!
More smoothies with mango
I could probably add mango to any smoothie I make, I love it that much! Here are a few more of my fav smoothie recipes with mango:
- Mango Orange Smoothie
- Strawberry Mango Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Smoothie with Mango
- Kale Mango Smoothie
- Cilantro Mango Detox Smoothie
Did you sneak in some leafy greens when you blended this mango smoothie, or did you blend as-is? Leave a comment + review and let me know what you thought!
Creamy Mango Smoothie
- Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
- Cashew milk can be swapped out for any non-dairy milk
- Cashew yogurt can be swapped out for any non-dairy yogurt
- Add up to 1 cup of leafy greens per serving for even more nutrients
- Use at least 1 frozen fruit for a refreshingly cool smoothie