Smoothies are the perfect fast food when you’re craving something quick and nutritious. This creamy blueberry banana spinach smoothie is a great one for kids (and adults!) who want something sweet, yet also extra good for your body.
Not all smoothies are as healthy as we’d like to think. First off, a 100% fruit smoothie is going to be packed with vitamins, minerals… yet also loaded with sugar. The upside is that using whole fruit means you’re getting:
- natural sugars which give you energy and fuel
- extra fiber which will slow down the absorption of sugars into your blood stream
The downside is that you’re not gonna be full for long (it’s too light)… and you could make it even healthier without much work. (That’s where the greens come in!) Let’s talk about that now…
Turn a fruit smoothie into a green smoothie
Transforming a fruit smoothie into a green smoothie is super easy and the health benefits soar. You’ll be full longer, helping with weight loss, and adding phytonutrients to your diet, helping prevent disease and keep your body working properly.
You can take any smoothie recipe you love and add 1 cup (or a handful of spinach or another smoothie-approved leafy green) to it and you won’t even taste the difference. Yet you can be proud of yourself for adding a whole cup of spinach to your body!
Top health benefits of a Berry Banana Spinach Smoothie
Using plant-based ingredients in your smoothie is a great way to boost your daily vitamin intake and minimize inflammation. The ingredients we’re blending in this smoothie have some wonderful health benefits….
- Blueberries are low in calories but high in fiber, vitamin C and vitamin K.
- Strawberries are a good source of vitamin C, manganese, folate (vitamin B9), and potassium.
- Spinach is packed with high amounts of carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron, and calcium.
Join our Smoothie Challenge!
This plant-based blueberry banana spinach smoothie is perfect for kids who want something sweet and satisfying. In fact, it’s one of the featured recipes in our Smoothie Challenge, which is what we’re known for at Simple Green Smoothies. If you wanna join a smoothie challenge…
- Find it in our best-selling recipe book, Simple Green Smoothies
- Join our 7-Day Smoothie Challenge
- Join our new year 10-day Smoothie Challenge
- Check out our 30-Day Green Smoothie Challenge
Oh, this smoothie is a good one! It’s full of iron, potassium and vitamin C.
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
- 1 banana
- Blend spinach and milk until smooth.
- Add fruit and blend again.
Use pre-packaged frozen mixed berries or pick your favorites. Mine are blueberries and strawberries!
Keywords: Blueberry Banana Spinach Smoothie