This green smoothie recipe is a great vitamin C booster and packed with antioxidants to keep you energized and healthy. There are many healthy benefits when you add cranberries to your green smoothies.
Health benefits of cranberries
1. Cranberries are a low-calorie fruit (45 calories per cup)
2. Research shows consuming cranberries daily is good for your heart health by increasing levels of HDL “good cholesterol” and reducing levels of LDL “bad cholesterol.”
3. This disease-fighting fruit is also known to block urinary tract infections
4. Has the potential to prevent strokes, viral infections and possibly tumors in certain cancers.
5. Did you know blueberries are the only fruit that have more antioxidants than cranberries?
Cranberries are an antioxidant powerhouse, so get them fresh during the fall and winter. By drinking this green smoothie, your body will experience the immediate effects of natural energy. Get your healthy dose of vitamin C and fiber in this healing green smoothie!
2 cups kale, fresh
1 cup water
1 cup cranberries
2 oranges, peeled
– Serves 2 –
Blend kale and water until smooth. Next add the remaining fruits and blend again.
* Use at least one frozen fruit to make the green smoothie cold.
TIP: Keep as much of the orange pith (the white part) on to add nutritional benefits. Because of the cranberries, your smoothie may turn out more “purple-ish.”