This beginner-friendly green smoothie recipe is full of iron, potassium and vitamins galore AND tastes like a tropical treat from all the island fruit.
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 banana
- Tightly pack spinach in a measuring cup.
- Add spinach to blender with water. Blend together until all chunks are gone. (Should resemble green water when blended well).
- Add pineapple, mango and banana to blender. I like to use frozen pineapple and mangos to chill the smoothie down and save time cutting and prepping. It’s a win-win!
- Blend all together until smooth and creamy. Depending on your blender, this could take as little as 30 seconds or as long as 2 minutes.
- Pour into a glass and serve immediately.
- You can also store the smoothie in the fridge with a lid until ready to drink.
*Not a fan of bananas? Swap it for 1/4 avocado or add another 1/2 cup mango to the recipe.
Keywords: green smoothie, spinach smoothie recipe, healthy smoothie