Blend up a creamy, cold chocolate protein shake smoothie made with plant-based superfood protein powder for a delicious meal or snack, or before/after a workout. Includes adaptogens to help ease inflammation.
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk, chilled
- 2 packets Four Sigmatic Superfood Protein
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 3 medium bananas, sliced or halved, frozen if desired
- Ice, optional
- almond butter, shelled hemp hearts, cacao nibs
- Place ingredients, except for toppings, into the jar of a blender. Puree until smooth. Add ice to make smoothie colder, if desired.
- Divide between two glasses or jars. Top each with a drizzle of almond butter and sprinkle with hemp hearts and cacao nibs. Drink immediately.
- Nutrition info doesn’t include optional toppings, which will add another ~100 calories per serving.
Keywords: mushroom protein, adaptogens, banana, cocoa, almond, almond milk, protein smoothie, workout smoothie