This green grape smoothie is the perfect recipe for boosting your immune system and hydrating your body to perfection.
Whether you’re interested in drinking smoothies for weight loss or healthy habits, you’ll reap these benefits and more from our recipes here at Simple Green Smoothies.
After completing your first green smoothie challenge, you’ll gain confidence with your blender and want to try new things. This recipe came from that experience in my own life— and grapes became a huge hit.
Green Smoothies vs Green Juice
When it comes to drinking your greens, there are two general ways to do it. Juicing your greens gives you a concentrated small amount of liquid. The nutrients can be easily absorbed into your blood stream and benefit your body. Juicing doesn’t contain fiber, which helps your digestive system work properly, curb blood sugar spikes and keeps you full longer.
Blending your greens creates a larger amount of liquid than juicing. It’s thicker due to the fiber retained in the greens. This slows down the speed the sugars and nutrients enter your body and helps you stay full longer.
I definitely lean towards Team Smoothie, yet I do think juicing has its benefits. For example, when your body is not able to perform well on it’s own (think chemotherapy, serious health condition, flu recovery, etc). I talk more about this on my podcast interview with Katie Wells from Wellness Mama.
Why add grapes to a smoothie
Grapes aren’t often blended in a smoothie…and it’s a shame! That’s why I’m sharing this recipe on the blog today— to raise awareness to the ‘raw’esomeness of grapes. Grapes are 80% water, which makes them blend easily and add extra hydration to your smoothie.
How to make an affordable smoothie
This green grape smoothie recipe is a hit in our house. We love how it has only ingredients I can always find at my local grocery store at an affordable price. That’s the key to making this a healthy habit for life— use ingredients you can always find and always afford. Translation: it’s okay to skip all the fancy potions and powders that people recommend you add to your smoothie. For this amazing recipe, all you need is:
- baby spinach (I prefer organic because it’s on the EWG’s dirty dozen list)
- green grapes (seedless work best so you don’t have any chunks)
- pineapple (I use frozen pineapple to chill the smoothie and save me time chopping it up)
- oranges (naval oranges are so flavorful and juicy!)
Affordability is something to consider when choosing your blender too. Right now, one of my favorite blenders is available for only $298 (and ships FREE!) through Vitamix. Simply add it to your cart to take advantage of this awesome pricing!
Healthier smoothie variations
In addition, like any smoothie, adjust the Green Grape Smoothie to work for you! If you have food allergies, check out our smoothie ingredient swap guide.
Here’s a few more recipes that can boost your health effortlessly:
- Fat Burning Green Smoothie: This smoothie is packed with ingredients to boost your metabolism and has a great video demo as well
- SPA Cleanser Green Smoothie: Enjoy glowing skin with a Vitamin-E rich smoothie that tastes delicious.
- Beginner’s Luck Green Smoothie: Try our #1 green smoothie recipe that’s been blended around the world. Yep, it’s truly that good… and good for you!
This dreamy green grape smoothie is often called Citrus Crush in our challenges because it gets a vitamin c boost from the refreshing orange flavors.
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 orange
- 1/2 cup grapes
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- Blend spinach, water orange until smooth.
- Add remaining fruit and blend again.
Keywords: grape green smoothie
By: Jen Hansard | Updated: 12.27.2019 | COMMENTS: 142