Using a french press coffee system allows you to effectively extract essential oils from your favorite beans and deliver bold flavor into each cup of healthy coffee.
- 2 tbsp coarse ground coffee beans, or whole beans
- 1 tsp MCT Oil (or coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 scoop collagen powder (optional)
- Grind the coffee at a coarse setting just before brewing to preserve the freshness and flavors and pour into french press.
- Heat water to boiling, then pour it over the grounds.
- Start a stopwatch.
- After one minute, take a spoon and gently submerge the grounds that have formed a ‘crust’ on the surface.
- After four minutes, press down the plunger. Pour brewed coffee in to glass/metal blender container.
- Gently add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Drink warm and enjoy the healthy fat goodness!
- Standard pre-ground coffee is generally too fine for french press brewing and may get stuck in the mesh filter, creating a lot of resistance when you try to plunge.
- Regular brewed coffee can be used as the base if you don’t have a french press.
- After plunging the filter, make sure to decant all the coffee—otherwise it will slowly continue to brew and become bitter within the press.
Keywords: healthy coffee recipe