Using a fresh press coffee system allows you to effectively extract essential oils from your favorite beans and deliver bold flavor into each cup of healthy coffee.
- 50g (10 Tbs) coffee beans
- 850ml (28 oz) water
- Grind the coffee at a coarse setting just before brewing to preserve the freshness and flavors and pour into your press.
- Heat your water to boiling, then pour it over the grounds.
- Start a stopwatch.
- After one minute, take a spoon and gently submerge the grounds that have formed a ‘crust’ on the surface.
- After four minutes, press down the plunger, pour into a few mugs, and enjoy.
- Standard pre-ground coffee is generally too fine for french press brewing and may get stuck in the mesh filter, creating a lot of resistance when you try to plunge.
- After plunging the filter, make sure to decant all the coffee—otherwise it will slowly continue to brew and become bitter within the press.
Keywords: french press coffee recipe