Clean those pearly whites with this yummy and healthy homemade toothpaste with coconut oil.
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 tbsp baking soda
- 25 drops essential oil (I like eucalyptus and grapefruit)
- 1 tsp stevia, or more if you like it sweeter
- activated charcoal, optional
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. I used my SmartStick to whip it really well and give it a light creamy texture.
- Pour into a mason jar and seal it up until ready to use.
Getting it out of the mason jar can be an adjustment. Use a popsicle stick to dip into the toothpaste and spread nicely onto the toothbrush. You can also use a squirt bottle (you will need to cut the pointed tip wider).
Adding activated charcoal can be a gentle way to whiten your teeth.
Keywords: homemade toothpaste, diy toothpaste recipe