This versatile plant based milk recipe can be used in cooking, baking, or with some chocolate chip cookies. Deliciously creamy and free of gums + fillers.
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 3 cups water + enough water to soak oats
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Soak steel-cut oats in bowl of water (just enough water to completely cover the oats) for 20 minutes prior to blending. Drain excess water.
2. Place the soaked oats and 3 cups water in high-speed blender.
3. Strain through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth into a wide glass bowl.
4. Discard pulp from bag or cheesecloth.
5. Rinse the blender and pour the milk back into the blender from the bowl.
6. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla (if using), and salt. Blend for 10 seconds.
Keywords: homemade oat milk