A warm comforting meal replacement smoothie that is full of healthy fruit and spinach, plus just the right amount of spices.
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup brewed tea (herbal green, white, or black))
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 ripe pear (cored and peeled, if desired)
- 1 ripe apple (cored and peeled, if desired)
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½– inch piece fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Blend spinach, tea, and coconut milk until smooth.
- Next add the remaining ingredients. If using a high speed blender, start blending again on low speed working up to high speed. Allow to blend for 3-5 minutes, or until very hot. If using a regular blender, blend until smooth and heat gently on the stove or transfer to mugs and heat in microwave.
Note: Hot tea can be used, but use caution when blending. Be sure to let the lid vent so the liquid doesn’t leak and splatter. Blend on low speed, working up to high speed until smooth.
Keywords: Chai Smoothie