Blend up a creamy, cold chocolate protein shake smoothie made with plant-based superfood protein powder for a delicious meal or snack, or before/after a workout. Includes adaptogens to help ease inflammation.
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk, chilled
- 1 packet Four Sigmatic Superfood Protein or 1 serving Protein Smoothie Boost
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 soft medjool date, pitted
- 1.5 medium bananas, sliced or halved, frozen if desired
- Ice, optional
- almond butter, shelled hemp hearts, cacao nibs
- Blend all ingredients, except for toppings, until smooth. Add ice to make smoothie colder, if desired.
- Divide between two glasses or jars. Top each with a drizzle of almond butter and sprinkle with hemp hearts and cacao nibs. Drink immediately.
- Nutrition info doesn’t include optional toppings, which will add another ~100 calories per serving.
- Swap out Four Sigmatic Protein Powder with my very own Protein Smoothie Boost
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: chocolate protein shake, banana protein shake, plant based protein shake, protein shake