Blend up this refreshing switchel recipe to help cool off, naturally. Perfect for those pregnancy hot flashes, menopausal women or just a hot summer night.
- 1/2 cup unfiltered apple cider vinegar with “the mother”
- 3 tablespoons honey, preferably raw
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and finely minced
- 1/2 Meyer lemon, peeled and sliced
- 3 1/2 cups water, chilled
- Place all ingredients, except water in the jar of a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a quart-size mason jar and add water. (If desired, instead of adding water to the jar, keep as a concentrate and dilute just before serving with still or sparkling water.)
- A regular lemon can be used in place of the Meyer lemon.
Keywords: vinegar drink, apple cider vinegar, switchel