One of our SGS team’s favorite smoothies is Dan’s (Famous) Apple Pie Warm Smoothie. It’s a favorite of our community – and for good reason – it’s incredibly delicious! When fall comes around and a lot of fresh fruits aren’t available, it’s nice to have a few apple smoothie recipes in your back pocket to pull out. This Warm Apple Pie Green Smoothie is a take on Dan’s Apple Pie. It has some rolled oats added in for extra fiber and to make it thick and creamy.
Green apples are on the tart side, so we’ve added in a few dates to sweeten things up. If you prefer a different type of apple, adjust the sweetness accordingly. But the tangy green apple with the spices makes this taste just like a slice of warm apple pie. You’ll love it!
This warm, comforting smoothie is full of iron, dietary fiber, and vitamin C. Be sure to wash the apple well and leave the peel on for extra nutrients!
Apple Pie Warm Smoothie
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tbs rolled oats
- 2 medjool dates - pitted
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 apple - cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- b hot water, oats, and dates into the blender. Let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Next add the remaining ingredients. Blend on low speed, increasing speed until very smooth. If using a high speed blender, continue blending using the soup function or high speed, until smoothie is hot.
- Pour into mugs and drink immediately. Sprinkle the top with extra cinnamon and nutmeg, if desired.
Ready to say “Yes!” to your health in the New Year?! Join us for our FREE Simple 7 Challenge including recipes and shopping lists right in your inbox. Find out more here.