I don’t know there’s anyone out there who loves sleep at much as me. Which is why I created this sleep tea recipe because I want you to fall in love with sleep like I do. Are you ready to have the best night of sleep?!
Health benefits of sleep
Getting enough zzzz’s at night is vital for your body to heal, renew and recharge for the next day. Sleep is how your body heals and grows stronger. If you’re not getting enough of it, eventually your own personal growth will suffer! If you struggle to fall asleep at night, which happens to me too, drink this soothing chamomile tea recipe.
If I fall into a pattern of not getting enough sleep, it shows in all aspects of my life. I’m cranky, sluggish, irrational and eating all the foods I know I shouldn’t. Good sleep has become a HUGE part of my wellness journey. I even created a whole bedtime routine (complete with the BEST pillow) to make sure I am getting my beauty sleep.
There are tons of sleep tea recipes out there that claim to help you sleep. Yet not all are as effective as you’d like (or as natural either!). Here’s what I recommend looking for in a tea that helps you sleep…
What’s the best tea for sleep?
There are so many choices out there and many of them have additives that do more harm than good. I suggest sticking with simple, herbal teas that use ingredients such as this:
- Valerian Root: Helpful when you’re having a hard time sleeping due to anxiety or stress.
- Poppy Plant: Contains poppy plant acts as a mild sedative to help encourage a deep sleep when you’re feeling restless and achy.
- Chamomile: Contains apigenin, an occurring antioxidant that may promote sleepiness and reduce insomnia.
- Lavender Buds: Tea that includes lavender can improve your sleep quality and relax you too.
Best time to drink sleep tea
Drinking tea before bed can create a wonderful bedtime routine to enhance quality sleep. Yet it can also cause you have to wake up and use the bathroom when you least expect it. I recommend drinking a sleep tea about 30 minutes before bedtime so it gives you a chance to relieve yourself before you crash.
I recommend you use my recipe below to get a great night sleep night after night. Having a little bit of protein and healthy fats from the almond milk will help your brain and body recharge itself as well.
This is the best tea for sleep and happens to be a part of our 7-Day Plant-Based Reset. If you’re wanting to not just sleep better, but feel better all the time— check out my best-selling program. Over 25,000 woman have gone through it and discovered the tranformational power of a plant-based diet. You’ll lose weight, gain energy and sleep better than you have in years.Print
This calming, warm tea is just the thing to help unwind and relax after a long day. Chamomile tea is steeped directly in the almond milk and lightly sweetened. Add dried lavender buds for an extra calming effect.
- 8 ounces almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 bag chamomile herbal tea
- 1 teaspoon honey, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon culinary lavender buds or use chamomile lavender tea, optional
- Place the almond milk into a small saucepan.
- Heat the almond milk until very hot, but not boiling.
- Add the chamomile tea and lavender buds, if using.
- Allow to steep 5–6 minutes.
- Remove tea bag and strain out lavender buds, if needed.
- Pour into the teacup or mug.
- Sweeten with the honey or maple syrup.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Drink immediately.
To create more of a frothy latte, pour all contents into a blender and blend before serving.
Keywords: tea, sleep aid, herbal remedy for insomnia, sleep tea
By: Jen Hansard | Updated: 8.14.2020 | COMMENTS: 2