Follow this step-by-step demo to make a smoothie bowl using plant-based ingredients. It’s a great way to nourish and hydrate on a hot summer day.
Smoothie Bowl Base
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, frozen
- 2 cups mango chunks, frozen
- 1 cup coconut water
- fresh fruit
- shredded coconut
- dried fruit
- Place frozen fruit into a blender or food processor. Pulse to chop the fruit, then add the coconut water. Keep pulsing until the fruit is further chopped, then becomes a thick puree. (Note: this works best in a food processor. If you’re using a blender, you may need to add more liquid or let the fruit thaw slightly so it blends more easily.)
- Divide the smoothie between two bowls.
- Add desired toppings.
- Serve immediately (it’ll melt fast!)
- Allow fruit to thaw slightly for easier blending; reduce the amount of coconut water for a thicker smoothie.
- Swap the pineapple and/or coconut for other frozen fruit. A banana will help make the smoothie extra creamy.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: smoothie bowl, pineapple smoothie, mango smoothie