Want a sweet treat for your kiddos without the artificial ingredients and sugar overload? We did, too! That’s why we created our take on this classic treat—so our kids could feel like they are drinking the most rawkin’ Banana Split Milkshake on the block! Top with fresh coconut whipped cream and they will never know that it has a handful of fresh fiber and nutrients included!
What's in a Banana Split Smoothie?
A classic banana split is ice cream, fresh bananas, whipped cream and a cherry on top. Yet over the years I've seen tons of variations on this, including my own.
- Spinach + Almond Milk: Make the "creamy base" for this banana split smoothie.
- Cherries: add in some natural sugars and depth
- Cacao Powder: Adds the chocolate notes throughout
This kid-friendly green smoothie recipe is from our book: Simple Green Smoothies: 100+ Tasty Recipes to Lose Weight, Gain Energy & Feel Great in Your Body! There's an entire chapter dedicated to smoothies for little rawkstars. Each kid-friendly green smoothie contains leafy greens and fruit, and are 100% kid-tested and approved - order your copy today! And in the meantime, check out our other kid-friendly green smoothies and tips for getting kids to drink their smoothies and eat healthier.
Banana Split SmoothieRate this Recipe Print Recipe
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 banana
- ½ cup cherries (frozen)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon almond slices (optional)
- whipped coconut cream (optional)
- Blend the spinach and almond milk until smooth.
- Add the bananas, cherries, cacao powder, and almonds and blend again.
- Pour into a glass and top with a dollop of coconut whipped cream, if using.
- Use at least one frozen fruit to chill down your smoothie bowl.