Try this refreshing chia fresca drink if you’re spending a long time outside doing strenuous work. I like to pack it when I’m on a long trail run, doing a day in my garden or hiking the Grand Canyon.
- 8 ounces coconut water (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup (to sweeten)
- ¼ cup diced peaches or strawberries (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a glass or jar.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to absorb some of the liquid.
- Drink immediately, or refrigerate until ready to drink.
This can be made ahead of time and will last an entire week if properly refrigerated. Add the fruit a few hours before serving. The flavors will infuse nicely, but it won’t spoil in the week’s whole batch.
Filtered water can be used in place of the coconut water.
Maple water is another great, hydrating alternative.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Natural chia gatorade