This Healthy Rice Krispie Treat Recipe is an all-around winner with my kids, their friends AND me! I eat these for dessert, snack time and anytime, really. The best part is they are packed with protein and healthy fats to offset the natural sugars. This recipe is from my new best-selling book, Simple Green Meals.
If your kids are begging for a snack the second they walk in the door, make a quick batch of these and everyone wins! It can be hard to find brown rice syrup lately, so feel free to swap for raw honey (that’s SUPER thick— this is important to get it to hold together). You can also use Parker’s Maple Butter, which has become my new obsession!
Why this rice crispy treat recipe is a true winner
- NO CORN SYRUP: Brown Rice Syrup is a better choice than corn syrup, which is often found in Rice Crispy Treat recipes. Corn syrup is a common food sensitivity— and one that my son has. So I want to avoid it as much as I can and still let them eat fun foods. (You can also swap with Maple Butter as your sweetener of choice and they hold together pretty well.)
- PROTEIN PUNCH: Almond butter makes this healthy rice krispie recipe creamy and is packed with protein and healthy fats. This will help curb your appetite and boost your energy levels. No empty calories in this treat!
- NO BAKING! Yep, no baking necessary with rice crispy treat recipes! I think this is one of the reasons they are so popular! Just warm ingredients on the stovetop, mix together and allow to sit. #easypeasy
These healthy Rice Krispie Treats use plant-based whole foods from brown rice to almond butter. Not only will you find more protein and fiber, but the flavor will blow you away.
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil, plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 7 cups crisp brown rice cereal
- Line a 13 × 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the rice syrup, oil, vanilla, and salt. Bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat. Stir in the almond butter and cinnamon.
- Place the cereal in a large mixing bowl. Pour the almond butter mixture over the cereal and stir until well coated. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan.
- Using oiled hands, press the mixture evenly into the pan. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
GLUTEN FREE, NUT FREE (replace almond butter with sunflower butter), VEGAN, DAIRY FREE
Keywords: healthy rice crispy treat
Get my Best-Selling Recipe Book
I just got wind that Simple Green Meals has dropped from $24.99 to $16.37. Don’t miss out on the savings and order now on Amazon!