Tropical Skin Cleanser— A Fresh Start 21 Green Smoothie

This Tropical Skin Cleanser is one of the most beloved green smoothie recipes from Fresh Start 21. It’s so simple, and oh so good!

Every morning of the 21 day whole food cleanse you’ll drink a green smoothie that is filled with leafy greens, fruits, veggies, and natural liquids. The smoothies are designed to help your body naturally detox without leaving you feeling deprived.

The Fresh Start 21 kit is filled with recipes of all kinds – hearty lunches, filling dinners, and snacks to enjoy in the morning and afternoon. We even include a recipe for a soothing, warm beverage to drink before going to bed.

If you want whole, healthy meals laid out for you for 21 straight days, AND if you love this Tropical Skin Cleanser green smoothie recipe, then you HAVE to join Fresh Start 21 right now! Seriously, what are you waiting for?!

FS21header_purchase2

Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie from the Fresh Start 21 Cleanse

Tropical Skin Cleanser Green Smoothie

Course: Breakfast, Drinks
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1
Antioxidants help to prevent and repair damage to body tissues, our skin included. Vitamin C is one of the greatest antioxidants we have available, and it’s abundant in pineapple. The addition of avocado brings with it other skin-specific nutrients such as vitamins E, A and zinc. In fact, you could probably use this smoothie on your face as a beauty treatment! // serves 1

• 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
  • 1 cup coconut water unsweetened
  • 1 cup pineapple frozen
  • 1/4 avocado

1. Blend spinach and coconut water until smooth.
  2. Add remaining ingredients, and blend until smooth. Enjoy!

Recipe Notes

*Use a frozen fruit to make smoothie cold.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

96 Responses to “Tropical Skin Cleanser— A Fresh Start 21 Green Smoothie”

1. Heather Sell 5.24.2016 at 11:44 am #

Hi! Coconut water is expensive and I can’t afford it. Are there any cheaper alternatives? Also, while this recipe doesn’t call for it, are there dairy free alternatives to Greek yogurt for the recipes that call for Greek yogurt?

• SGS Rawkstar 5.24.2016 at 5:26 pm #

Hi Heather,

We’ve got you covered! Water is the perfect substitute for coconut water, and easy on the wallet. Learn more about our favorite liquid base options here…

And don’t worry, you won’t find dairy in our green smoothie recipes. It’s all about finding what works for you + your body, but for us we prefer to avoid dairy and reach for alternatives like coconut and almond milk.

2. Kiki 5.7.2016 at 6:59 pm #

Hi, do you know how many calories/kj this smoothie is per serve? Thanks

• SGS Rawkstar 5.9.2016 at 2:07 pm #

Hi Kiki,

We personally don’t count calories, so we don’t include them in our recipes at this time. You’ll find that when you consume more nourishing whole fruits and veggies, you will not only feel full longer, but you’ll also have lessened cravings for high-calorie, nutritionally empty foods. So in the end it balances out. But we know many people would like to have calorie info. Three great resources for tracking calories are Self Nutrition Data, and the phone apps: My Fitness Pal and Lose It.

3. Bianca 5.6.2016 at 8:03 am #

Hi,
    I am so excited to start my free 30 day challenge. I was wondering if I can substitute almond butter for peanut butter? I also suffer from constipation and wanted to know if there is anything I should avoid putting in my green smoothies?

• SGS Rawkstar 5.9.2016 at 2:06 pm #

Hi Bianca,

We’re so excited to have you blending with us! Of course you can swap in peanut butter! Peanut butter + almond butter occupy similar niches in a healthy diet, and can often substitute for the other in most recipes! We love nut butter made from almonds because it contains more vitamin E and iron than peanut butter, but we love both!

Worried about constipation? The leafy greens + fiber in our recipes are perfect for helping you keep regular! Ensuring that you drink plenty of water with your green smoothie will help too!

4. sheena 2.24.2016 at 7:06 pm #

Hi
    I purchased the smoothie recipes a while ago and I cant find them on my computer or email. Can you please resend them to me. My email might have been sheena.burton@nutrientrescue.nz
    thanks
    Sheena

5. Heather Sell 2.9.2016 at 4:50 pm #

I have leftover guacamole (it’s a little spicy but not too spicy). What would you recommend adding to a smoothie if substituting guacamole for plain avocado?

• SGS Rawkstar 2.9.2016 at 4:54 pm #

Hi Heather,

Yum! Adding a little spicy guacamole sounds like a tasty idea. No need to add anything else. If you find your smoothie too spicy, you can always add a little more fruit to help balance the flavors.

6. Natalie 1.26.2016 at 1:21 pm #

Hi please can you help me I have been cutting my fruit up & freezing it but then when I take it out of the fridge some of it has turned bad, what is the best way to make the smoothie as I don’t have time in the mornings to start cutting fruit

Thanks in advance

• SGS Rawkstar 1.26.2016 at 1:58 pm #

Hi Natalie,

Oh no! We hate hearing that your fruit is turning bad in the freezer. How are you freezing your fruit? We suggest slicing up your fruit, and then placing on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once frozen, store in an airtight freezer-safe container or prep your smoothies! Some fruit will experience browning like banana, apple + avocado. But don’t worry the taste + health benefits are still there!

Learn more about prepping your green smoothies here…

7. Shelley 1.18.2016 at 6:17 pm #

Hello, I have just found your site, and also signed up for the 30 day challenge. I am hoping to start this week after making a trip to Sam’s on Wed. I have 2 questions, all your recipes make enough for 2 servings. Do you not recommend halving the recipe to make just 1 serving, or does it matter? Also, I was reading about your 21 day cleanse but it states it is not available right now. Is that a book that I need to order that is just out of stock or how does that work? Thanks so much!

• SGS Rawkstar 1.18.2016 at 6:32 pm #

Hi Shelley,

Thanks for reaching out! We’re so excited to have you join our 30-Day Challenge! You’re right all of our recipes make 2 servings, because we love sharing the green smoothie love with others. Know you only want one serving? Simply halve our recipes!

We’re so excited to hear you’re interested in our Fresh Start 21 Day Cleanse. We’re currently revamping our cleanse to ensure we’re providing our community with the best resource possible! We’ll be relaunching our cleanse at the end of January, we hope you will join us!

Want to be the first to know when our cleanse is available? Make sure and sign up here…

Cheers 🙂

• Shelley 1.18.2016 at 7:19 pm #

Awesome! Thanks so much for the info and such a timely response.

• SGS Rawkstar 1.19.2016 at 4:47 am #

You’re so welcome, Shelley! Reach out with any questions! 🙂

8. Isabel 1.12.2016 at 2:55 pm #

Hi! Does the pineapple have to be frozen or can I use pineapple fresh from the store?

• SGS Rawkstar 1.13.2016 at 4:44 am #

Hi Isabel,

We suggest using at least one frozen fruit in each of our recipes to make your smoothie cold + creamy!

Cheers 🙂

9. Breanna 1.11.2016 at 4:52 pm #

Hi!
    What can I use instead of avocado? I love in Jamaica and avocado is seasonal so it’s not available right now. Can I use coconut oil? What other options can I use to help clear my skin?
    Thanks for your tips!

10. Kisha 1.10.2016 at 4:27 pm #

I have frozen pineapple juice, can I use that instead of the actual fruit? Or does it have to be the fruit?

• SGS Rawkstar 1.11.2016 at 5:20 pm #

Hi Kisha,

Great question! We love using whole fruits in place of juice so you’re receiving health benefits from the whole fruit. When juicing you’re missing out on a lot of the fiber we love in our recipes!