Snacking can do one of a few things – nourish and fuel your body between meals, or fill it with empty calories and leave you feeling hungry shortly afterwards. Naturally, we’re fans of snacking on real food that is highly nourishing and satisfying. One of our very favorite snacks is this Warrior Bar recipe, loaded with plant-based proteins.
This recipe is from our Fresh Start: A 21-Day Plant-Based Cleanse. It’s become a staple in our home. We love it so much, we make a batch even when we aren’t following the cleanse!
Most store-bought granola bars are loaded with sugar and unhealthy fats. They may taste great, but they’re essentially a candy bar based on the amount of sugar and processed ingredients.
When I started drinking green smoothies and embracing a plant-based diet, I wanted to find a better alternative to the store-bought grocery store ones. My Warrior Bars give you energy for miles and are chock-full of healthy whole grains, nuts, and seeds. I’ve naturally sweetened them with bananas and dried fruit.
We. love. these. bars. They’re a sustaining and yummy snack that’s super portable and full of nutrition (if you have green smoothies for breakfast, then this snack is perfect for holding you over until lunch).
My fav thing is probably how easy they are to modify based on your personal preferences. For example, I like to swap out the raisins for dried blueberries. Or swap the pepitas for extra sliced almonds.
Interested in eating more plant-based meals to lose weight and gain energy? Check out our 21-day whole foods plant-based cleanse, Fresh Start.Print
These delicious, wholesome Plant-Based Warrior Bars will give you the energy get stuff done while nourishing your body with plant-based protein such as good-for-you nuts and seeds.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (+ 6 tbs water)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried fruit
- 2 cups mashed banana (super ripe)
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped)
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease or line 8 inch square baking dish with parchment (baking) paper.
- Soak chia seeds in 6 tablespoons of water for 5 minutes.
- Combine the chia seeds and remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Press the mixture into the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until golden on top. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Slice into 8 bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: homemade granola bars