Cinco de Mayo feels like the unofficial kickoff for summer, and who doesn’t love a good reason to celebrate?! So let’s celebrate together with a glass full of this healthy margarita recipe goodness! You’ll be the life of the party when you make a double batch and share with your amigos.
There are certain times of the year when having a frozen drink in hand feels almost necessary… and Cinco de Mayo is one of them! This year, we'll be starting our day off with a frozen tropical drink that tastes amazing and is so good for our bodies… the Tropical Mango-rita Green Smoothie!
Need even more reasons to celebrate? Check out this recipe + over 100 more in our book Simple Green Smoothies!
Margarita Recipe : Tropical Mango-Rita Green Smoothie
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup coconut water unsweetened
- 1 orange peeled
- 2 cups mango frozen
- 1 cup pineapple frozen
- slices Juice of 1/2 lime plus lime for garnish
- Coarse salt for rim of glasses optional
- Blend spinach, orange, and coconut water until smooth.
- Add mango, pineapple, and lime juice. Blend again.
- Save squeezed lime and rub it around the rim of the margarita glasses. Dip the rim into the coarse salt.
- Pour the smoothie into the prepared glasses and garnish with a slice of lime.
*Use frozen fruit to make smoothie cold.