21-DAY AUTUMN CLEANSE
TOP AUTUMN RECIPES
PLANT-BASED GUIDEBOOK

year!

PLANT BASED MEAL PLANNER

Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes Everyone Will Love

Planning an amazing Vegan Thanksgiving Feast comes down to the food. No matter how cute you set the table or how healthy you try to make the meal, it still has to taste amazing. It’s a feast, after all. And a feast is loaded with flavors and only the BEST foods. No pressure, right?

Whether you’re a hard-core vegan, plant-based foodie or just trying to add more vegetables to your traditional Thanksgiving feast— you’re in the right place. I’ve got tons of recipes that have gotten rave reviews and would make a great meal for your Thanksgiving.

If you’re trying to go plant-based this Thanksgiving (and not have people cringe) I suggest not including faux turkey or attempting a gluten free, meat-free gravy. It’ll never compare to the real deal and 99% of people will be disappointed (even if they won’t say it to your face).

Instead, embrace the plants you love… and make them taste amazing. Honestly, my cauliflower buffalo wings are raved about by my family and friends way more than any roasted turkey I’ve ever made.

The Ultimate Vegan Thanksgiving Meal Plan

Below you will find links to every recipe that I’ve included in the Thanksgiving Menu Planner. I’ve also created a version you can download, save to your phone, or print out to help you select the recipes you wanna make this “plantsgiving.”

If you still plan to have a turkey, there are plenty of recipes here that will go great with it. There’s no right or wrong way to do this… just the way that works best for you.

Download the Menu Planner to make this Thanksgiving a breeze.

Now that you’ve seen the menu, let’s break it down into courses and recipes. Below are my most popular plant-based recipes that I think would be winners at any Thanksgiving Feast. Most are from our blog or from my best-selling recipe book, Simple Green Meals.

If you enjoy this blog post, please share it with friends and family! If you make any of the recipes, please make sure to rate them on the blog pages to help others get honest insight into how amazing all these recipes truly are!

My Top 4 Thanksgiving Appetizer Recipes

Pre-feast snacks and appetizers for thanksgiving day

One of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving is all the snacking that happens while all the cooking is being done. These 4 appetizers are great finger foods to share with friends and family to keep them satisfied while they are smelling all the deliciousness coming from the kitchen.

Top 4 Vegan Thanksgiving Side Dishes

The best Vegan Thanksgiving Side Dishes that compliment any feast

Nothing screams autumn like roasted vegetables and warm soups. Pair any of these sides with our Thanksgiving entrees to create a nutrient-dense delicious feast.

Vegan Thanksgiving Entrees I love

Thanksgiving Entrees that will beat ToFurkey any day

The main entree is when it can feel a little “off” without a big turkey in the middle of the table. Yet these 4 recipes don’t disappoint when it comes to flavor. I recommend making at last one ahead of time so you can perfect them to exactly the way you like before your big feast.

Plant-Based Thanksgiving Desserts

Plant-Based Thanksgiving Desserts that are tasty and healthier than most

Impress all your family and friends with these decadent desserts that can be made with ease. The Almond Butter Cups and Rice Crispy Treats can easily be made ahead of time.

Want more desserts? Check out The Ultimate Plant-Based Dessert Guide that’s packed with 40+ vegan desserts and tips on how to transition to this healthy lifestyle.

Tasty Thanksgiving Beverages

Thanksgiving Beverages that are perfect after a feast

I wanted to include some bonus recipes here for you too. Magic happens around the fire or board game table while you’re sipping on a warm drink. I had to include a few of my favorites to inspire you.

Commence the holiday sipping on a warm beverage like cider, hot chocolate or even a matcha latte (for those who still have a long drive home)! The cider can be made in a slow cooker and left simmering all day.

We hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving with your loved ones! If you end up making any of these awesome recipes, we’d love to know. Be sure to tag us @simplegreensmoothies so we can celebrate with you.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Jen, Dan, Amanda, Lindsey, Kim, Carissa, Ryan & Erin

Filed in:

21-day cleanse

the CHALLENGE

DESSERT guide

Dig deeper into the world of plant-based eating with our best-selling programs.

Learn more about a plant-powered diet

7-DAY cleanse

21-day cleanse

Dig deeper into the world of plant-based eating with our best-selling programs.

Get amazing results with a plant-powered diet!

7-DAY cleanse

Now, LET'S DISCUSS...

1. Danielle Knoper

November 5th, 2019 at 9:37 am

I can’t wait to try the blackened Brussel sprouts. I’ve never quite been able to get that crisp!

2. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

November 5th, 2019 at 9:42 am

They are so delicious!! Let us know what you think once you give them a try!

3. Beverly

November 5th, 2019 at 10:23 am

I plan to make 7 layer dip and Brussels sprouts!

4. Jen Hansard

November 5th, 2019 at 10:48 am

Awww— I am so glad you’re gonna give it a go! I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised with these recipes— they are very tasty!

5. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

November 6th, 2019 at 9:40 am

Yum that sounds so delicious!!

6. Ellen

November 5th, 2019 at 10:25 am

Thanks for all of the inspiration! I might really have to give your cauliflower buffalo wings a go!

7. Jen Hansard

November 5th, 2019 at 10:49 am

You’re so welcome! You def should make the Cauliflower Buffalo Wings… the key is to chop into small flourets and cook at a high temp to get the texture right. My mouth is drooling just thinking about them— hahhaha!

8. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

November 6th, 2019 at 9:40 am

You are welcome!! I think you totally should. You will not be disappointed 🙂

9. Tonia Johnston

November 5th, 2019 at 10:48 am

Ministrone soup looks amazing….doubt I will be able to wait for Thanksgiving! That will be in my tummy this weekend!!

10. Jen Hansard

November 5th, 2019 at 10:55 am

Not a bad idea at all! Hahahaha! Hope you enjoy it Tonia. Thanks for being a rawkstar. xoxoxo

11. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

November 6th, 2019 at 9:42 am

I like your thinking!! Why wait when you can make it now 🙂

12. Amy reagan

November 5th, 2019 at 11:27 am

Hi! I’m gonna try to make the blackened brussel sprouts & minestrone soup. For dessert, almond butter cups & rice crispy treats. Can’t wait! Yummy!

13. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

November 6th, 2019 at 9:45 am

Yum!!! I cannot wait for you to try it! Let us know what you think when you do 🙂

14. Emily

November 5th, 2019 at 12:19 pm

Thanks for this! Everything looks awesome!!

15. Jen Hansard

November 5th, 2019 at 12:38 pm

You’re so welcome Emily. Feel free to share the post with friends and family if you think it would help them get inspired too.

16. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

November 6th, 2019 at 9:45 am

You are so welcome, Emily!! Let us know what you think once you give it a try!!

17. Beverly Doucette

November 5th, 2019 at 12:29 pm

These recipes are wonderful suggestions! Def will make the cauliflower buffalo wings. The Blackened Brussels Sprouts and the Loaded Sweet Potato will be a plus with the turkey my husband loves to cook! A nice melding of eating styles. And, the kids will love the Healthy Rice Crispy Treats. For me? I’ll want to relax with a Hot Chocolate. I haven’t seen/made that recipe yet! Happy Thanksgiving! And thank you for making our holiday meal a little easier and healthier!

18. Jen Hansard

November 5th, 2019 at 12:39 pm

The hot chocolate recipe is LOVED by many!!! I cannot wait for you to try it!!! I’m pretty sure I included just so you could try it. Hahaha. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving Beverly. xoxoxo

19. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

November 6th, 2019 at 9:46 am

You are so welcome, Beverly!! I have a feeling your kids will love the Healthy Rice Crispy Treats too + the hot chocolate is AMAZING!!! =P

20. Helen Campbell

November 5th, 2019 at 1:23 pm

We have been doing this for a few years. We have vegans, gluten-free, and vegetarian families. The last two years, our main entree has been a vegetarian shepards pie, filled with some great winter veggies. Our daughter-in-law makes it and tops it with a ½ & ½ mixture of mashed white and sweet potatoes! It’s heavenly, then we add a fruit salad and a vegetarian salad, like fresh broccoli salad. Our starters are gf crackers with mixtures of veggies and either hummus or avocado, and dates stuffed with Marcona almonds. We can add some of your recipes to ours! Happy Thanksgiving!

21. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

November 6th, 2019 at 9:48 am

Happy Thanksgiving 🙂

Your dishes sounds delightful!! Thank you for sharing them with us and we hope our recipes are a great addition to Thanksgiving!!

22. Karen Wiedmeier

November 5th, 2019 at 2:28 pm

What a TERRIFIC layout for a great Thanksgiving! Here’s what I am making: Blackened Brussels Sprouts (my family LOVES them), 7 Layer Dip + Chips, Famous Loaded Sweet Potato, and Almond Butter Cups. YUMMY!

23. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

November 6th, 2019 at 9:49 am

Those are delicious choices!!! Let us know how they turn out when you make them 🙂

24. Valerie W

November 5th, 2019 at 3:40 pm

I’d like to try the 7 layer dip, but I’ll need to get your book! I’ve been meaning to try the Buffalo cauliflower wings, but my husband, who eats almost anything, doesn’t like cauliflower. I might give them a try anyways!

25. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

November 6th, 2019 at 9:52 am

You should totally give it a try!! Here is where you can purchase our book if you are interested in getting those extra recipes 🙂

26. Donna hunt

November 5th, 2019 at 10:11 pm

Brussels, drinks,desserts. can’t wait to try them
    I’ll be practicing on them ahead of time
    Ty

27. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

November 6th, 2019 at 10:05 am

We cannot wait for you to try them either!! They are so delicious!!

28. Donna hunt

November 5th, 2019 at 10:14 pm

Why can’t I download the recipes??

29. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

November 6th, 2019 at 10:10 am

Hey Donna,

I would suggest trying a different browser and see if that helps! You should be able to click on the links and they bring you right to the page they are on.

30. Heidi

November 5th, 2019 at 11:51 pm

I want to make the Matcha latte for my husband and I and hot chocolate for my kids. But can’t wait till Thanksgiving, it’s going to be 30 degrees need to make it tomorrow to keep us warm. Also, I have been excited to try the loaded sweet potato. Your husband sandwich you posted last month was delicious. Please keep inspiring us to eat healthy. Peace

31. Yasmyn

November 6th, 2019 at 9:00 am

I made Famous Loaded Sweet Potato last night… can’t wait for my guest to try it for the Feast!

32. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

November 6th, 2019 at 10:39 am

Yay!!! I cannot wait for them to try it either!!

33. Glenda Sharpe

November 6th, 2019 at 11:17 pm

Blackened Brussels, Sweet Potato Nachos, & Matcha Latte

34. SGS Rawkstar Carissa

November 11th, 2019 at 2:18 pm

Yum!!! That sounds like some delicious choices!!

1 2

Are smoothies good for you?
top Smoothie swag Under $25