Bring the wow factor to your next dinner with this lovely, crisp pear salad. From the fresh made dressing to the fall ingredients, this salad is sure to delight a variety of palates.
- 1 ripe pear, peeled, cored, and cut in half
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp coconut oil, divided
- 2 ripe pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 bag spring mix lettuce
- 1/3 cup crumbled Miyoko’s vegan cheese
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the pear halves on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Place the pan in the oven and roast the pear for 10 to 15 minutes or until soft. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Place the walnuts on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tsp coconut oil and maple syrup. Cook at 350° for 3-5 minutes, until lighlty toasted. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- To make the vinaigrette, place the roasted pear, remaining 1/3 cup olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, garlic, shallot, maple syrup, salt, and pepper in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- To assemble the salad, place the lettuce in a large bowl. Top with the sliced pears, candied walnuts, vegan cheese, red onion, and pomegranate arils.
- Drizzle with roasted pear vinaigrette and toss. Serve immediately.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pear salad, pear salad recipe, pear salad with pomegranates